Are you looking for a unique way for a marriage proposal? Giving the card to her (or him) may surprise your true love. She (or he) will be happier if know that the card is created by you.
So, I’m going to share with you how to make a marriage proposal pop-up card today. Let’s get started.
Tools and materials to make the marriage proposal pop-up card
You will need to prepare some craft supplies before making the card, including:
• A marriage proposal pop-up card template (Download the template here)
• Cricut machine, or an art knife
• 160 – 250 gms Card stock (2 white, 1 beige, 1 red) (250gms card stock is the best)
• Double-sided tape
How to make the marriage proposal pop-up card
After downloading the marriage proposal pop-up card template, we’ll cut them with my Cricut machine. It’s ok to use an art knife to cut the template. But I recommend using Cricut machine because there’s some small detail.
Assemble engagement rings
Step 1: Glue the two ring pieces together
- Take the two ring pieces
- Spread glue on the top half of a ring piece
- Attach the two pieces together
Step 2: Attach the rings to the flower
- After gluing the two ring pieces together, you’ll see there are 4 tabs under the rings.
- Take the flower piece, then, we’ll put the 4 tabs to the slots on the flower.
- Add double-sided tape on the tabs, then attach them to the flower.
Step 3: Attach the flower to the first base of the rings
- Take the two pieces. Then, put them together like the this.
- Add double – sided tape to the two pieces.
- Attach the flower in the middle of the two pieces.
Step 4: Attach all things to the second base of the rings
- Take the piece. Then fold along the dotted lines.
- After that, add double sided tape on the piece
- Attach the piece to the first base.
Make the base of the card
Add the double-sided tape on the base of the rings.
Take the two beige pieces. Then, attach the second base to the two pieces. Remember that we’ll attach them along the dotted lines on the pieces.
Now, I have a base of the card.
Attach the base to the cover of the card
Take the two red pieces. I’ll fold along the dotted line.
I’ll add double-sided tape to the piece. Then, attach the two pieces together. Now, I have a cover of the card.
Next, I’ll open the cover, and put the base in the middle of the cover.
I’ll add double-sided tape on the base, and add some glue on the cover.
Finally, I paste the cover to the base carefully, then, do the same things on the other side.
Let’s see our results
After 20 – 30 mins, I have the marriage proposal pop-up card. It’s so easy to make, right? Leave your comment to let us know your feeling after making this pop-up card. Hope the guide on how to make a marriage proposal pop-up card is helpful for you.